Saturday, March 27, 2021

Check-in Part II

 Better pen my thoughts before i forget all of them.. maybe just to do it in point form.


Tues - Art Sci Museum with my parents. After meeting up with mom who took the first dose of the vaccine

Weds - not sure what i did but i will get there

Thurs - night "cycling" with the hubs. Why the " "? We didn't exactly do it on bikes, we rented those 4-seater pedals to do it.

Fri - South Island ferry trip with yy and hy. Went from Marina South Pier to Kusu, walked round the island fed a few mosquitoes. The plan was to then take from Kusu to St John walk to Lazarus, but we abandoned plans to go to Seletar mall for BBQ. Watched a few Mind Explained shows. 

Sat - currently waiting for the hubs to be ready so that we can leave the house to do real cycling. Why so slow de... Update we cycled to Coney island. Been a long time since i cycled. Wheels and speed are not my strong points in addition to many other things. However, because i read my past blog posts that i had cycled in Japan and told myself that 3.i did ok. I felt like i could do it. Of cause i had a very good cheerleader, who gave me encouragement throughout the way. *blessed*
Afterwhich we took the whole day to binge watch Netflix.

I watched on Netflix that our hippocampus stores past memories shapes our ability to visualize our future memories. This lack of remembering what happens is perhaps what makes me anxious about not being able to accomplish anything because i cannot seem to recall anything. 

Doing a side track search over the Internet health.harvard.edu, on 7 ways to keep your memory sharp and my interpretation on the actionable task:-
1. keep learning -- pick up hobby, join a interest group
2. use all your senses -- associate with more senses
3. believe in yourself -- believe in myself
4. economize brain use -- tidy up
5. repeat what you want to know -- work for it if you want it
6. space it out -- repetition is key so it takes time
7. make it mnemonic -- tool to help in memory


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home