Friday, June 23, 2006

The end of the 4 days at CommunicAsia/BroadcastAsia 2006. I was working as a delegate registrar wif ms lala. where we get to meet the occasional shuai ge ang mohs (2?3?) and swipe credit cards. I've held mastercard, visa card, amex, plat cards. I neva knew there were so many different types of cards. Not to mention the business cards we've collected. Oh and there's the kick of holding wades of 50 dollar notes in ur hand. N i fulfilled my long time dream of issuing receipts! We met so many directors and hotshots but to us they were but a registration number. Plus we get to have lunch provided and snack on the leftover food from the refreshments during the conference breaks.
When there was no one around we'd chit-chat, played bingo, hangman and pictionary.
Minus the legache from the standing (not that we couldn't sit but the chair was uncomfy) and the ugly vest (which looked much nicer after 4 days), the low pay and the fact that I had to reach expo at 7:30am. This must have been the best job i ever had. Maybe cause I quite like being in the Customer service line where people come to you for enquiries and when I can help them it gives me a sense of satisfaction. And besides I get to wrk with a friend, that's the best perk.

Today, after work we went to visit the exhibitions. At CommunicAsia, Handled the newest gadgets and handphones that have yet to be released. The most interesting phone model I tried was the one where u wear this contraption on your finger and stick it in ur ear, and you can hear your phone because it uses vibrations of your finger bone to send sound waves to your ear drums. How cool is that? Next time instead of people walking around seemingly talking to themselves because of the wireless headsets we'd have people seemingly digging their ears whilst talking to themselves.
We had a ball of a time over there. *wink wink*

Over at BroadcastAsia they had all the state of the art broadcasting equipment like cameras, recording equipment, tripods and what-have-yous. But couldn't really appreciate all of them cos too state of the art liao! I was thinking, there I was feeling bored because I couldn't appreciate the stuff, but the EBM-ers in school would gladly trade places with me la. Hah!

I'm reminded to be grateful for everything I have now. Everyone around me now.
I make my own happiness and everyday I learn something new.

Unconditional? or Irrational?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home