Wednesday, May 10, 2006

It rained on me twice today.

I tried to go jogging... After 1.5 rounds, big wet drops started falling from the sky. And I had to do a U-turn and run frantically down the hill. When I reached the bottom, it stopped raining. har dee har har.
I was too lazy to go up the hill again so i went home. Climbed a different hill, a 13-storey hill, more tiring than i expected it to be.

Later got off at Someset, and yes it rained. No correction, it poured. The water was ankle deep. I was happy I didn't choose to go Orchard to get the drinks and cakes. I'll die lugging them in the rain, not to mention the uncovered distance i would have to walk through. N the 2nd thing I was happy about, was that I had my faithful brolly in my bag. No matter rain or shine, you're always with me! everybody go aww...
The weather was scary I tell you, it had lightning and thunder to boot. But the show must go on. Folding up my jeans I took the first step out into the rain.

The first thing tt came into my mind was, 'Shit. I'm wearing my not non-slip-proof slippers.' So I had to walk like a geisha so that i don't slip, fall, smash the cake, wet my pants, embarrass myself. Although I must say walking like a freaking geisha is embarrassing enuff, imagine everyone running from the rain and you taking itsy bitsy steps. Get my drift? Bad pun.

So, as I was drifting along the 2nd thing tt came into my mind was 'shit. I should have folded my jeans higher.' Even if it means looking like a fisherman it definitely would beat letting my jeans soak up so much water. When I reached my destination the water had seeped all the way up to my knees. I felt like a walking Chromatography experiment, you know the science experiment used to separate dyes by dipping strips of paper into the solution and letting it seep upwards. Ya, tt was me. Life sized experiment. In the end i did 'wet-my pants' without having to fall down. bleah.

I was waiting under the shelter waiting for the traffic light to turn green. And as i was doing my geisha walk, i was too slow to reach the traffic light b4 it turned red. so paiseh, had to 'shashay' to a nearer shelter to wait for it to turn green again whilst pretending I intended to do that.

The nice place had their air-con blaring, so my legs were freezing throughout the nite. The hand dryer in the toilet was too high up for it to reach my legs, or was it me that was too short. Y do they put hand dryers so high? y? y? y?

I should have travelled a further to NTU so that i could have taken the cab with them. Made the wrong move again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home