Monday, September 12, 2005

Went to the Journey through Faith exhibition, the one wif the relics and art pieces from the vatican. Not bad i must say, the guide that i had that is. Inspired to be a tour guide. muahahaha. I think the Da Vinci code really gave me a prehand knowledge of 'chim' words like Basilica, Basilisk, the Sistine Chapel, bernini fella ya da ya da which were reallie useful. It helped in a sense that I was more interested even in the art relic, the structure the magnificence, and even the artist of that time during the exhibit. Ironic, given that the book painted the church in a very bad light.
Learnt more about my faith from the exhibit... I know so little about the rich history of the Catholic church that emcompasses the culture, the art work, the whole era of that time. Though i didn't reallie understand or know how to interpret certain techniques, carvings or language, I stood in awe at the art pieces though i couldn't pitpoint the aesthetic pleasing value tt drew me to them.
Could do lesser with the crowd though. Don't like to squeeze in a museum. Pasar malam maybe but museum is a big no-no. But will i didn't get stepped on or shoved at so it was alright. At tt point of time i was thinking of going again another day when there wasn't so much people.
I think i will consider visiting SAM soon. Sg Arts Museum deh. Funny acronym tt tickles me.

Went to clarkequay for dinner... On the way took wacky shots of my mum and dad. So sporting huh.... of cos they had to succumb to the irate photographer's orders. *bark bark* If i didn't look so ugly in the pics maybe i would have posed more.

Blackforest. Yummy. =)
Piggypork tmr. Yummy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home