Sunday, December 12, 2004

Today i had hall carolling at Red Cross Society home for the Disabled. It was a new experience. Most of the residents were bedridden and all of them had to b pushed ard in wheelchairs. They were disabled tt they reallie all looked the same and it was impossible to tell the age if not for the date of birth printed on the card infront of their beds. Some of them jus gave blank stares, some shouted, most jus writhed in bed.
We were gave a briefing before we started, we were told tt the purpose was to spread the x'mas joy and wad would b most appreciated were our smiles and not pity. They're blessed wif the sensitivity of being able to tell pple's feelings.
When i first saw them, it was a sudden pang of sadness and helplessness of not knowing wad to do. When we went to the old folks home u could smile and shake their hands and ask them how they were doing and u could get a response no matter how little. But today, i didn't know how to handle the situation cos most of them jus couldn't respond.
A few smiled, gurgled and their faces lit up as when we sang. I dun think they reallie knew wad was going on. But i hope we brought a little joy to them.

I shld b happy tt i haf my health. Tt i can jump. I can walk. I can sing. I can talk.
tt i haf my family. tt i haf my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home