Friday, December 03, 2004

Blogger ate up my previous post! bohoo.. i shall attempt to rewrite it. I think it goes like this...

First time clubbing... mambo nite at zouk. Ethnography!~ Opportunity cost: missed out on Sg Idol finals.
Basically the main gist of it was drinking, dancing and squeezing.
I dun understand why people bother to dress up when they go clubbing. Cos it's so dark in there tt either u get illuminated if u wear white, due to the UV-lighting, or u look black if u wear anyother colour. To me, everyone was wearing either black or white. I wonder how yy spots all the shuai ges, cos honestly i can't see anyone's face unless the person is abt a metre away frm my face.
Saw a few of my sec sch friends... my my do they look gd. I thought i saw my cuz too but u know under tt lighting i cannot b too sure. =X
The four of us shared 2 jugs of vodka coke, 2 bottles of barcardi lime and a tequila shot each. I still dun like the taste of vodka coke, barcardi lime was yummy and as for the tequila shot i preferred the lemon and the rim of salt on the glass. Someone got drunk. No, unfortunately it wasn't me. Not tt i'd really dig the hangover or the splitting headache but it's just tt it wouldn't b one additional experience in life. And besides it would haf been interesting to hear what rubbish i spew if eva that happened. My drunk fren in her drunken stupor actuallie said something tt caught my attention, abt when u're drunk u blurt out wateva unhappiness u haf inside and it would feel better. Tt sounds tempting, budden a danger to this would b u'd b telling gdness-knows-who, gdness-knows-what. I would b the last person to get drunk cos i dun like the taste of alcohol nor the warm feeling it induces.
I enjoyed singing to the music and the dancing most of all. However, the music at Phuture is betta than tt of zouk. Zouk played more retro stuff and phuture the 'groovy' tunes, the down side was Phuture was super squeezy. And of cos i was entertained by the people who did the weird dance at the podium. You know the one where they did the action of the words of the lyrics. Eg. wheneva the words 'square room' came up, the people will do a square form wif their hands. Hilarious man. I heard these pple come every weds. Maybe i'm just not tt artistically inclined to appreciate this dance.
It gets kinda sick if you picture the image of people dancing or shld i say gyrating at such close proximity and when u see intoxicated people vomitting or lying motionless on the floor.
I conclude tt clubbing is a 'high impact sport'. I got stepped on by heels/shoes, jabbed by elbows, got pushed and shoved, blinded by flashing lights and breathed in 2nd-hand smoke. Walking in heels killed my feet not to mention dancing in them.
At the end of the day, i'd say if u're in for the booze, the atmosphere and u love skin-2-skin contact, clubbing is for u. If u just like singing and dancing to the music, blasting ur mp3s and hopping ard wildly in the comfort of your own room would suffice. Add a few friends who share the same idiosyncracies to complete the picture. Know what's the best part? It's free! Don't spend money, save save save. My new motto for now. I bought another top tt day. I doubt i'll wear it anytime soon too.-_- In the words of Amel, "kill me now". Sponsors warmly welcomed.

Rewriting actuallie turned out betta. Nice.
Oh ya, Paul van dyke a famous DJ is pronounced as Poo-ul-von-dook. How cool is tt? All along i thought it was paul-van-dyk. Read it in the papers (or was it 8 days?). Not tt it would b useful in anyway i'm sure some of u would haf already known this. jus tt the name kept popping up in my sight recently. Is it a sign tt i would become as famous a DJ as him?! crapping liao.

"It's beginning to look alot like x'mas..." tune playing frm charm's blog.
Joke frm mario, not the plumber but psycho tcher who looks freaking young for a 30 yr old: Mind over matter. If u don't mind it doesn't matter.

Exactly 1 week left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home