Monday, August 09, 2004

Happy 39th Birthday Sg!

I can imagine me waving my lil sg flag infrnt of my television set, and can't help noticing the different atmosphere of the tv frm my home. They haf what, probably a few thousands over there while it's just solitary me n me flag. This yr i din get to sing a single national day song yet. bah. I remembered last yr i went for ndp. Couldn't reallie see the performers on the field, but what matters was the atmosphere. Everyone singing their lungs out, clapping their 'clappers', waving their flags. My family has this 'tradition' of going to see the firewrks on national day. We'd travel all the way to kallang just sit outside the stadium like several others just to get a glimpse of the firewrks. It's a long wait and the ideal spot is always taken up cos u'd b surprise by the no. of pple who dun haf tix into the stadium but haf the same 'tradition'. Actually, going all the way there to watch the firewrks live is reallie no big deal cos i could just wait for our lovely neighbours across the causeway to set of some (n they do it real often) n i could just watch it at the comfort of my own home. But i think it's the fact tt it's a family outing tt makes the journey worthwhile. This yr, they went fishing wif my extended family since yesterday. i opted out cos it's a rush to return to hall. so i'm here. alone. I did want to see the firewrks over at marina bay but well. nvm. I supposed to get alot of things but it din occur to me tt the shops would b closed today n i shld haf gotten them yesterday. damn.

It's unnerving when u're so near n yet so far. N i'm so bottled up n i can't say it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home