Friday, May 16, 2003

Vincent
Starry starry night...paint ur palate blue n grey
Look out on a summers day with eyes tt melt the darkness in my soul
Shadows on the hill, sketch the trees n daffodils.
Catch the breeze n winter chills n colours on a snowy linen land

Now i understand what u tried to say to me
How u suffered for ur sanity how u tried to set them free
they would not listen they did not know how
perhaps they'll listen now

Starry starry night... flaming flowers tt brightly blaze
Swirling clouds n violet haze reflecting in vincent's eyes of china blue
Colours changing hue, morning fields of amber grey
Weathered faces lined and pained
R soothed beneathed the author's loving hand.

Now i understand, what u tried to say to me.
They did not listen they did not know how
perhaps they'll listen now.
Starry starry night.

This song is so soothing... A tribute to the late Vincent Van Gogh. I think the lyrics are very cleverly done. It's as if it's painting a picture. Stella! Can be VA anthem neh *wink* I feel all arty-farty. (Did i mention i'm artisically-challenged?) I could just sit by those full length sliding doors with wispy curtains at the balcony and admire the scenery. I must have full length sliding doors wif wispy curtains in my future house! hehe. Oh yes.. and it must be located high above, i'm to used to living at the top floors. It would b nice if it overlooks the sea/vast plain/tiny hill. My view must preferably be not blocked. This is quite impossible but i would rather not look out my window to find that i'm looking into another house. (hmm.. tt would be interesting wouldn't it? Nothing to do, just look at pple in their houses, peering into another world.) The place must also be windy, seabreeze, landbreeze anything. So, any future real estate agents wanna take up the challenge?

Dot was upset today cos she din fair well for her 2 tests. Yes i felt really bad that she got all teary and i could only stay there n listen. Maybe i wasn't sympathetic enough but i seriously did not feel for the situation as failing is already part n parcel of my life. Failing for tests is the least of my worries, it happens all too often it's the last type of failure that i would b devastated abt. Sure i'd b upset, for a few mins perhaps. If i dun put effort into it, i won't b sad if i failed it would i? Obviously she did, but she said it was not enough cos cca is taking up alot of time. I wouldn't b so quick to pin the blame on it though. I'm not saying her allegations have no basis, yea, i agree it's taking up time but isn't it taking up ours too? I guess for her it's just one of those days where u foul up ur work. Don't sweat the small stuff dearies. Pick ya self up n start walking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home