Monday, March 17, 2003

Posted 3 days ago...
I feel just fine.
After school, I went on a little trip with melissa... We sent hs home!! wow... all the way to her block (UPS as sure as taking it there urself). Actually, melissa was the real postwoman cause after that she sent me to yishun interchange too. We went jalan jalan at northpt. She bought what she wanted and she headed back to school for hockey. Had an interesting chat about many many stuff. Thank ya melissa dear~ =)
Reached home, took a shower. Went online... Read something infuriating from someone's blog. I decline to comment, if not i'll start spewing vulgarities. (I don't normally do tt, i'll go as far as sh*t usually) It's nothing, i shall not let the petty side of me gain control. At times, it is so easy to slime another person, insult their intelligence, belittle their existance in defence. Sure it releases built up tension but at the end of what do i gain from it? High blood pressure? Guilt? Feeling stupid to let something so mundane get to me. No way. I will maintain my peace. =)
It's interesting to read people's blog entries. You never know where someone's link could lead you. I particularly took to interest in the journal of a guy. Same age as me. Studying in a poly. Way inflated ego, "Child Prodigy" as he deems himself. Smart guy from what i gather. Teen with an attitude.
What drew me to the contents of the entry was how different his life was from mine. It also helped that his writing style is somewhat entertaining. He's opinionated, in control, know what he's out to achieve, defiant, confident. Raring to go teen. And i'm just subservient, docile, inert, plain boring. Darn. On the other hand, i do not approve of his splurging on designer wear (underwear if u must), food etc. It doesn't mean that you're rich and can afford it you spend it like water!! But then again, it's his money. I don't give a salad. (Hrmm.. doesn't this remind you of Application Qns? Explain. Evaluate. However. Evaluate.)
Anyway, one of his desires is to migrate. What's wrong with S'pore dude?! I don't get it. Why are so many people scrambling to get out of this little lovely island. I don't object to people leaving because of work, family or health matters. However. I am disappointed at those who leave just because S'pore's not up to their Mt. Everest-high standards? It doesn't mean that when you migrate to some foreign country and speak with a pseudo accent you're a cut above the others. I'm happy with my Singlish. Thank you very much. I don't like it when i hear people comparing, dissing S'pore and putting other countries on sky-high pedestals. Please don't come to me and tell me the grass is greener on the other side. Light green, dark green, bluish green.. It's still green. It's what you make out of your green grass. Do you think moving to another country to get you away from the so called "stifling regimental system of government" and "stressful education system" would solve all your problems? I see it as running away from what you can't handle. Sure, you might have deleted these two areas but other areas of concern would definately crop up. You'd be just escaping from one problem to the next. If you can't make it here, what makes you think you can make it there. Besides, if the 3.4+ million minus 1 people can live with it why can't you? I suggest you learn how to adapt buddy, it's not the system, it's you.
I wasn't planning to get to this but i guess my train of thoughts got side-tracked. This has always been at the back of my mind. Everytime someone comes to tell me "I can't wait to get out of S'pore" i get irritated and feel like blasting their heads off. (woops~ violence) Don't tell me. I don't want to listen! *covers ears*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home